Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I loved this, Dawn! The idea of irreversible change has been on my mind since writing "Wrong Way to..." I like how your character ponders on it, too, and how she comes back to look at that horizon in older age and feels that same stirring she felt as child. You've managed to say so much with this piece, I think new meanings will come every time I read it.

(I'm so sorry I haven't responded to this till now. I came to reply to another comment and realized I had left several unanswered. Bad 'gund! :( )

I have to say that this comment is giving me that happy butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling. :) Of all the stories on my list here, this is one where I feel it doesn't yet reach what I want it to be in my mind. I had a lot going on in my mind, too, as I wrote it, but poetry is and probably always will be difficult for me. I'm so glad that it worked for you, and that you liked it. Thank you for your comment!

(I came here to respond to a new comment and realized I never answered you! I'm so sorry! :( )

I am still very wincy about most of my poetry. I am so happy that it worked for you! I remember writing it in my parents' car on our way to Williamsburg. I had such a clear idea of what I wanted to do and don't feel I'm quite there yet, but it's very encouraging to think I'm on my way, at least. :) Thank you for your kind comment!

Thank you! I'm not fully happy with this piece ... I'm not fully happy with my poetry, full stop, in the vast majority of instances! :D But you've mentioned here two things that I was definitely trying to do, which is give it a fairy-tale/folkloric feel and make the poetry work with the link pieces. I'm thrilled that these things came through for you. Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement!