Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It's interesting that stories which telegraph disturbing content in their summaries tend to get less reviews on this site, but the actual content of your story is nowhere near as graphic as some I have read.

I love reading stories with this kind of tone. I like to think of it as being blue/grayish in color. Diving inside the mind of a character who isn't all there mentally can be extremely difficult, but they always seem to work extremely well when written in this tone. The story istelf is a little more sparse than others with the same subject matter, and it moves a little more quickly, but neither of those observations reflect negatively on the story at all. What's here is good and can be added to or left as it is without feeling any sort of lack, kind of like a well formed piece of minimalism with a few carefully placed embellishments.

Thank you, and sorry for the length of time it took me to respond, I wasn't aware I was archived here.

I'm really glad the tone worked for you, as this and 'Epilogue' are the two stories I'm most tempted to re-write due to their patchy tone. (CH 5, which was originally published as a seperate story - is later, and I'm much happier with Maedhros' voice here.) This was also my first story with 'disturbing' content and I'm not sure I like how I handled it reading back, but am pleased it worked for you. Thank you again for commenting.

 

 

Do not know, if you, at least, are still available, for most authors here do not response. It is a little bit depressing, never to get an answer.

 

Okay, reviews may just be appriciated, but messages should not be ignored at all.

 

It is not so easy for me to review, or write, it is, in fact, a great effort, because I am German, and only READ english stuff, and I am not such skilled to express myself in this , for me, foreign language.

 

But I like GB, or UK, or, whatever you may call it, it' s stories, it' s language, it's habits, and, especially, it' s landscapes.

 

Therefore your things are most likeable to me, I must admit...

 

Please do write more...

 

Please do

 

Lia

 

 

 

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendet