Twins by Platinum Firebird

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fëanáro is not quite sure how he feels about being the father of seven children...

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 395
Posted on 10 September 2011 Updated on 10 September 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

 

My first story. Hi everyone :)

Just a random idea that popped into my head. Valinor fluff ;)

 

Read Chapter 1

"TWINS?!" 

The shout disturbed birds within a mile radius, sending them fleeing for the sky in fear of their lives. Elves stopped in their work, looking up and whispering together, questioning the source of the noise. 

Some, however, didn't need to question the source of the shout, because the source found them instead.

"Maitimo," a large, familiar hand landed on his shoulder. 

Maitimo looked back questioningly at his Atto. "What, Atto? Are you alright? You look slightly...shaken."

Fëanáro gazed at him with an unusual fire in his eyes, and gripped his shoulders painfully tight. "Twins, Maitimo," he said with deadly seriousness.

Maitimo frowned at him, puzzled. "What about them?"

"Twins. Twins. Twins."

"Atto, I can't help you if you won't explain what's wrong."

"Twins are what is wrong!" Fëanáro shouted, throwing his hands up. "Twins!"

Maitimo worried his lip. Obviously something was troubling his Atto, causing him to act strangely. Luckily, at that moment Macalaurë entered the corridor, deeply engrossed in some kind of scroll. "Macalaurë!" Maitimo cried, "Come help me, something is wrong with Atto!"

Macalaurë looked up from the scroll with a frown. "What?" Then he saw Fëanáro and his slightly crazed looking eyes. "Oh. What's the matter with him?"

Maitimo huffed. "If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking for your help, would I? He keeps saying 'Twins', and when I asked him what the problem was, he said 'Twins'."

Macalaurë shrugged. "Well then, maybe the problem is twins, as he says."

"You are not helpful in the least, you know that?"

"Twins. Twins."

Macalaurë shrugged again. "Why don't you take him to Naneth?"

Maitimo looked at their Atto for a moment before nodding. "Alright."

Nerdanel was sitting on her and Fëanáro's balcony, biting her lip and looking worried. She sprang up from her chair when they came through the doors, reaching out and clasping Fëanáro's shoulders. "Is he alright?" she asked her sons, "He stormed off about an hour ago, and all he would say was 'Twins'."

Maitimo frowned. "That's still all he's saying," he said darkly, "What's he talking about?"

Nerdanel shrugged. "We had a visit from a Healer," she said, "I'm going to have twins, apparently."

"Twins," Fëanáro said weakly, collapsing into a chair. 

"Oh!" Maitimo and Macalaurë chorused, "That explains it!"

Nerdanel laughed, and went over to stroke her husband's hair. "I'm sure he'll get over it, given time," she laughed.

"Seven children," Fëanáro whispered, putting his head in his hands.

0

A few months later, the birds were scared into flight again.

"SEVEN SONS?!"


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Well done! Nerdanel is taking it a lot more calmly, isn't she? Is she just less excitable or had she guessed already?

(Minor unimportant point: I'm not an Elven linguist, but I think "Naneth" is probably the wrong language and you want "Amme" for Mom in Quenya.)

Thanks! She probably just doesn't mind, I think she likes the idea of having a really big family ;)

Ah, the mystery is cleared!! I went through it with several peeps for language (correcting 'Ada' to 'Atto' and Fëanor to Fëanáro etc.) but no one knew on the Naneth point. I knew Amme came from somewhere!!