Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is a fantastic piece-very well written! In fact, it felt so... for lack of a better word real that I almost felt like it could be canon(except for the whole,” Sam seeing the ship depart thing.”) I loved the way you developed the characters, particularly the Sons of Fëanor felt very real and difficult and true to themselves. Your characterizations felt spot on.

Sometimes when I was reading, particularly the parts that were written by Amras, I would forget that I was reading a fanfic,or in fact reading anything at all-and just accept it. It made me completely suspend my disbelief, which in my opinion is one of the greatest things a piece of writing can do.

Thank you so much! "This made me completely suspend my disbelief" is the greatest compliment one can get as a writer, so this makes me very very happy! Glad the characterizations worked. The Feanorians are such complex, difficult characters; I find it not so easy to do them justice. And since Tolkien himself wrote so many conflicting versions, we can use a bit of poetic licence if it makes the characters happy. (Or maybe it was Sam who used poetic licence? Who can tell. :) )