Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You really made me giggle--"Weasley-with-pointed-ears"--hilarious. When I got the request for Arakano, I knew there was a son of Fingolfin who never made it in The Silmarillion, and suspected Arakano might be the one (the "kano" on the end tipped me off). Talk about a birthday request in the form of a dare! In all fairness to Min, she did give me a cop-out second choice of writing about Maitimo and Findekano, but I couldn't resist the challenge. Even stranger perhaps, I had only posted the story the day before, when I got an email-alert that Erunyauve had posted an new entry to her Princes of the Noldor series on ff net and when I checked it, it was about the one and the same Arakano. Needless to say, hers is more serious.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and commenting--so happy you enjoyed it.

When I saw this, I was like: Arakáno/Amrod?  You’re kidding, right?  But you actually did a good job of it.  You gave personality to an obscure character, and managed to work the quote “Varda's frigid nipples, Pityo!” into your story… and for that, you deserve much credit.