Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Allie, I remember reading (and, I hope, reviewing) this on your LJ a few years ago. However, it is lonely here on SWG without reviews, so I am reviewing it again! :) This is a beautiful piece, a wonderful illustration of how much can be done within the tiny confines of a drabble. "Necklace" and "Faith" are my favorites; I get tears in my eyes when I read them. At the same time, in so few words, you have managed to show many sides of a terrible event and elicit sympathy for all, and I find this especially commendable. I sometimes get the impression from fanfic that people view the Teleri and the various hosts of the Noldor as each existing within its own compartment, utterly separate from the other. But the true tragedy, I think, is the fact that they were not this way; they were mingled, and so the betrayals were between friends and loved ones, not faceless people standing on the other side of a border or an ethnic designation.

Again, beautiful work, just as enjoyable now as it was when I read it a few years ago.