Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very effective; I could feel Maglor's sadness at the unpleasant changes in the landscape in the thousand years that was to him just a droplet in the oceans of time.  The dingy side of urban development and modern Western culture's sexualizing of younger and younger women can be very depressing.

I did not understand why the name of Robin Hood was so familiar to Maglor - did he know him? 

 

Thank you!  Yes, I find the sexualization of young girls one of the most disturbing aspects of modern Western culture; I worked with children over the summer, and was disturbed by the amount of girls not even in double figures who were wearing makeup and worrying about boys etc. - but I digress.  As for Maglor and Robin, the connection's a plot point for my up and coming story; if you want the spoiler then I can message it to you.  Thanks again for reading and reviewing.

Hi Maglor, many, many apologies for the crazily delayed response.  I've been out of the fandom for a while and didn't see this review.

The connection between Robin and Maglor is linked to a longer WIP of mine, which involves Maglor through various ages of the Earth/Arda.  At the moment I'm working on an LOTR-based fic, but my Maglor WIP will be completed and posted here eventually.  

Thank you for taking the time to read and review, and once again I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner.