Second Wedding by chrissystriped

| | |

Second Wedding


Ingwe looked at the invitation. Written in beautiful, flowing sarati on heavy, creamy-coloured paper it was a work of art. Finwe’s and Indis’s names set in gold leaf, colourful patterns framing the writing. For all the happiness he felt for his niece, he was also apprehensive about this marriage. To ask such a decision of Míriel, even though the Valar had conceded, felt wrong. He could understand Finwe’s longing for more children and he knew for how many years Indis had looked at Finwe and loved him, not daring to voice it because he was already married. Some whispered of a stain on the bliss of Aman, a marring brought to them by the discord of Melkor. But he could not see it as such. Maybe he was blinded by familial love, but he could not believe that the light that had come to Indis’s face as Finwe proposed to her was something born out of the Discord. He was happy for her and it felt like he was disloyal to his friend, but he wished she’d given her heart to another man. But he could not completely push the feeling of doom out of his mind.


Chapter End Notes

The sarati are the alphabet invented by Rúmil. As this story is set before Feanor invented the tengwar, it is the alphabet the invitation is written in.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment