Devotion by firstamazon

| | |

Devotion


His mother told him that the stars belonged to the Elves Who Awoke. Rúmil was but a child when they went to live in Doriath, and he and his two brothers always called the stars their friends.

Then she came.

Tall, fairest than the gems of Menegroth, hair like molten gold. Galadriel brought new stars to light his skies, and she had them kindled inside her bejeweled blue eyes.

When Galadriel forsook the life in Doriath, Rúmil and his brothers pledged themselves to her and her alone – the new King now only cared for the accursed jewel in his possession.

When she decided to travel across the mountains, Rúmil followed, and his brothers followed him. Ost-in-Edhil rose and fell, and Rúmil guarded her faithfully – even if she misjudged his devotion for loyalty.

Again, they went East to Laurelindórenan. After Gorthaur's fall, she mentioned leaving these shores. His brothers promised him nothing; they would go to Imladris with lord Celeborn.

Rúmil's heart was heavy, but decided; he would follow her, always. Whatever came afterward was not written in the stars – for Rúmil never more sought their council, as the only stars that mattered were the ones reflected in Galadriel's eyes.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment