Duty Calls by Ellie

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was written for the JulieFiannaArchive June writing prompt which required us to use in a story the sentence which is the second sentence of my story. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: playing in Tolkien's sandbox and making no money from it.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Sometimes serving the Lady of the Golden Wood isn’t all it is cracked up to be.

Major Characters: Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, Humor

Challenges: Fifth Birthday Celebration

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 125
Posted on 18 August 2010 Updated on 18 August 2010

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

For all of her might and wisdom, having fought in wars and learning things beyond imagining at the esteemed feet of the Valar, Haldir just could not believe SHE had summoned him here for this.

He glanced up to find the Lady of Light watching him with a look of expectation in her eyes...

Sighing in exasperation, he strode across the room drawing his sword as he went. With one swift motion, he raised the weapon and smashed the flat of the blade against the wall, effectively killing the spider.

Next duty rotation he was putting in for border patrol as far away from Caras Galadhon as possible. Working as the Lady's personal guard was one of the most annoying posts he had ever served...


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.