Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! This whole little series is utterly delightful! What a heartwarming concept, and so very much welcome in amongst the grief and tragedy of the legendarium.

I love the limbo that is Vingelot in this, the companionship of these these seems so fitting.

Lovely!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

To me, Vingilot is a bit like liminal spaces. A very special place. I honestly was debating giving Eärendil some sort of Flying Dutchman like task of sending mortal souls on the right path to reach the beyond, but that would have been an entire story in and of itself! So, limbo is a very apt description!

And I adore thinking about Arwen (and Elladan and Elrohir) meeting their paternal grandparents in unexpected ways, it's always fun to write!

Your idea of Beren and Lúthien in Minas Tirith is also still on my mind, maybe I'll do something with that and my ideas about Aragorn and Arwen's view on always being compared to them, we'll see.

....when I read this on AO3. This re-reading led to thoughts about them in space, endlessly sailing like The Flying Dutchman, but at least Eärendil is not alone in its vastness. A beautiful story.