Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It was like the old days to see you on the Most Recent list again. :) This is ... I hesitate to say lovely, given the subject matter, but very poignantly written, a glimpse into the turmoil that must have been those first hours after the kinslaying. Tyelko finding his resolve is intriguing in light of his later deeds and the fact that he is depicted as one of the least repentant of the brothers; one wonders if this was why?

This was probably the strongest image for me:

What leader could he be if he washed ashore lifeless?

A glimpse of what might have been; I wonder if he'd be remembered as the better leader if he had.

Ah yes, those days when there was more time to spend time on our creativeness. :) I have quite some B2MEM material that never made it to public so far, but to appease this muse I decided to at least share this one... some might follow. Thank you for this lovely review, it made me smile all day (and still!).

This muse, Tyelko, is one character filled with conflict for me. A hunter before the fall of the Noldor turned rogue because of some oath. I cannot help but to think that so much potential was destroyed by all this, that he could have turned out different, to shine in a different light. A leader needs to be decisive, must dare to come to difficult resolutions in dire situation and be pro-active (he is so often potrayed as being evil, as if that was his sole motive). I think he of all seven would see the mercy in a swift kill, that one needs to leave things behind in order to survive... So would he be remembered, I think he would if he was given that fair chance to shine. After all his father saw the potential, but once Fëanor was gone he was forced to only follow. All in my humble opinion. I must write him more often I think.