Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you very much! :) I can imagine all sorts of tensions between these two, and that they are brothers is probably not a factor that actually helps them reconcile, it just adds additional pressure... I think it's safe to say that my idea of the Sons of Fëanor is quite dysfunctional. Which is, of course, part of what makes them interesting!

Wow, this was intense! I love the idea that it's (also) the Orcish self-hatred that triggers the blue glow. Like you, I find the explanation that the blades glow because of the Elves' hate for the Orcs somewhat unsatisfying, and I'll happily accept your version as head-canon henceforth. I also giggled at the idea of Curufin hissing at Estelindë whenever they met. Cat indeed! XD
As usual, great writing.

Thank you! I'd imagined a rather tamer story when this began, along the lines of Maedhros getting a nice and unexpected gift from a brother who is not often painted in a favourable light, and surely he could use a pretty sword to start him down the road to his left-handed sword-mastery. But the Elves, as per usual, didn't want to play along. ;) And you're very, very welcome to the head-canon. I still haven't found the quote stating that it's Elvish hatred for orcs that causes the blades to glow (not for lack of looking), but the inconsistencies do remain.

And yes, cat indeed! Curufin's characteristics struck me as rather feline for a long time now. XD

Again, thank you for such a lovely review. ^^