Queen Mother's Arrival by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the prompt Boxing - Bruises

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elwing, flying in bird form above the Star Isle, ventures a little too close and takes a tumble. She ends up bruised for her trouble, but gets more than she bargained for...

Major Characters: Elros, Elwing

Major Relationships: Elros/Original Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 996
Posted on 20 July 2021 Updated on 2 August 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I think this is a oneshot and all there is. I think. Of course prompts do weird things to me...

From the Instadrabbling on August 1 2021, CookieTurtle's prompts "Brave, lift, insight, strategic". Some time after Elwing's rather sudden arrival in the Star Isle, she has a heart to heart with her daughter-in-law, Queen Emeldir.

(At the moment, these are two loosely connected oneshots rather than a cohesive story, but they clearly belong together.)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, this does make me happy that they meet again while Elros is alive. The sundered fates of mortal men and elves would have postponed anything like this family reunion for eons. 

Although I'm still firmly embedded in Camp Kidnap Dads for Elros and Elrond most of the time. 

I love, love, love the idea that Elwing would get the reunite with her son like this. And meet her daughter-in-law and grandchildren :3

That hunter must have had a really awful day once he realized what he'd almost done, though...

Ooof, I can imagine being "mother of a nation" is an easy role to fill... Glad Emeldir now has Elwing to support her! This is lovely.

(Edit: Apologies, I didn't realize you cannot comment per chapter, or if you can I haven't found out how? But this is meant for the second chapter!)