Death of the Last-King by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Many thanks to Lyra for the plotbunny - this story was written to the Canoe/Kayak prompts and I hope I succeed in being the first to have an Arvedui/Lossoth OC pairing.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Arvedui Last-King found second love in the frozen lands of the North. Now, though, he has determined to go home, despite his lover's misgivings. Is braving the Ice Bay worth the risk when Angmar's sorcerer King is on the move?

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Arvedui

Major Relationships: Arvedui/Original Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het, Romance

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 400
Posted on 20 July 2021 Updated on 20 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

My fellow LOTRO players who have reached Forochel will probably recognize names and terminology used here. Saija is the name of a Lossoth wise-woman encountered by the player character, but she is not the same Saija as Arvedui's lover in this story. Locations in Forochel also have their LOTRO names.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Since it was fated that Arvedui's life end then, it is comforting to know that, after all the previous months (years!) of hardship leading up to their sojourn with the Lossoth, he found, shared and enjoyed love in those last months of his life.

Saija's heart, it would seem, was fated to be broken whether he survived or not... although I do hope her heart healed in time and she was able to enjoy a love of life once again.