Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Wonderful, again. And very original.

First the disintegration of Maedhros's self as he falls, then Finarfin's qualms (I had never even begun to consider Finarfin's role -or lack of- in the final moments)and then these marvelous lines :

Death seemed much safer. But Findekano wants me here, and I have always made exceptions for Findekano. So I consent to exist, for his sake, and every day it becomes a little easier.

Also this feeling Maitimo has that everything is thinning, that things and people are almost transparent at this late age.

Will you show Macalaure returning? I hope so. (he deserves it after all he has gone through, doesn't he?  :)

 

 

I'm so glad you liked this! Especially those lines. As for Finarfin, in my story A Long Time Falling the mere idea of having to face Finarfin after all that happened in Beleriand sends Maedhros into a panic with fatal consequences--although he wouldn't dream of mentioning that to his uncle when he finally sees him again. And yes, Maglor definitely deserves to return--I'm just not sure whether I can manage to write about him doing it!