B2ME Day 30 - Leaving or Returning Home by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2ME Day 30 - Leaving or Returning Home.  Homecoming in a true drabble.  

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 106
Posted on 31 March 2011 Updated on 31 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

 

Homecoming (A true drabble)

Helyanwë’s re-embodiment was marked by doorways: Mandos, to Lorien, to the waiting, welcoming arms of her mother. Over time her paints and pens lost their luster and the urge to craft came upon her.

Her feet walked on familiar paths, turning into a courtyard seen in her memories and through hopeful tears. Falling onto her knees with her bowed head touching the paving stones, her voice gained strength.

“My Lord, I have returned home.”

As Lord Aulë pulled her up, embraced her, and kissed her forehead, his strong voice was strangely gentle.

“Welcome home, child. Your workshop is awaiting you.”

 


Chapter End Notes

Please review, I value your opinions. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thanks, Ellynn.  She is much like most artists I know, happiest when drowning herself in work.  I worked out her timeline last night in case I ever want to explore her in depth, and some of her happiest times will be spent at Aule's forge - both before her death and after her return.  Thanks for reading and reviewing, I appreciate it a lot. 

- Erulisse (one L)