The End of the Dream by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sand box, I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

As Sirion is sacked, Elwing must make a decision about her children and her own life.   A response to the general prompt of Midsummer Night's Dream in drabble form.   

 

Major Characters: Elwing

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 108
Posted on 15 August 2011 Updated on 15 August 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

The End of the Dream

 

The noise increased; men were breaking through the portcullis.  Her protection was eroding quickly; her sons must escape now.  Taking each of them to her breast, Elwing hugged and kissed them then sent them off with her long-time friend who would attempt to keep them safe. 

 

She took up the Nauglamír and placed it around her neck.  She wished Eärendil was here to help her decide, but he wasn't.  The invading warriors were directly outside her chamber door.  Standing in the tower window she hesitated for a moment.  The dream of raising her children in peace had ended.  She jumped. 

 


Chapter End Notes

Reviews are always appreciated.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


She must have been a dreamer. What always beat me about Elwing is not her so much her attitude to the Feanorians as how she could believe the Havens to be "flourishing", when it was always clear that, if the Feanorians didn't get her, there was absolutely nothing to prevent Morgoth from destroying her as soon as he tired of the game.

Endlessly optimistic and quite naive, that's Elwing.  She has always seemed to be not the brightest bulb in the Elve's arsenal, but in spite of that, she did exactly what needed to be done.  As for Morgoth, he always enjoyed playing with his prey too much.  But it's lucky for the Elves that he did :-)  Thank you so much for reading and letting me know your thoughts.  I really appreciate it.  

- Erulisse (one L)