The Goblin Town Gates, Long Gone Before by Dwimordene

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Bogey_Tales TW challenge because Tolkien's work obviously needs more body horror stories.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Thou art that.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 213
Posted on 24 October 2012 Updated on 10 November 2012

This fanwork is complete.

The Goblin Town Gates, Long Gone Before

First prompt: Goblin

Read The Goblin Town Gates, Long Gone Before

The Goblin Town Gates, Long Gone Before

All this has happened before.

Pain – it comes again, beyond bodily bearing. Treelight burns bright through dark-mottled flesh, through crooked, clutching fingers…

If even Arda bends, what are Quendi, to be so constant? Right again, cousin! Foolish to believe even Ilúvatar’s honor could bind them changeless.

Pain pulses; he collapses, retching, but perversion cannot out so – panting horror, he stares at that – his – hand; time unravels...

Pain!

The cliff! The shackled claw, and memory –

They say Orcs were Elves once.

No saving blade this time.

To chasm’s edge he crawls where, Maitimo no more, Nelyafinwë lifts that hand, and falls…

 


Chapter End Notes

Notes:

“Thou art that” – taking a more recent interpretation of the phrase.

They say Orcs were Elves once - “Of the Coming of the Elves,” The Silmarillion.

“Maitimo” – “Well-shaped one” – “The Shibboleth of Fëanor,” PoME.

Sheep's clothing

Title: Sheep’s clothing
Author: Dwimordene
Challenge: Bogey-Stores: Werewolf
Summary: The giver has many guises.   
Characters/Pairing: OFC, OMCs
Rating: T

Warning: Mature themes
Book/Source: Silmarillion
Disclaimer: I'm neither JRRT nor making money off this.

Read Sheep's clothing

 Sheep’s clothing

They had accepted him for his youth, and earth-bellied approach. If he looked strangely at Hura sometimes, he always greeted, lowered and kissed.

In whelping season, Hura and Baira, as they called him, went hunting. But Baira returned alone, breath reeking like wolfsbane. She snapped at him, and he snarled back.

Then Baira killed the pups she’d labored over, forced new ones on her: heavy, heavy, she went thin-furred and scrawny bearing them. Strange-scented, bare-toothed and insatiable, they weren’t an hour birthed ere their first hunt: to her horror, they stood up...

 

... and Baira, eyes glowing, blessed their kill.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.