A Queen For The Fourth Age by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Chapter 1

Eldacar Telcontar first appeared in my ficlet "Two Princes" as a newborn and again in "Circumstances in the City of Stars" as a small boy. I've never written him as an adult, much less a father. But he is, in my-verse, the great-grandson of Aragorn Elessar, born on the day Aragorn goes to the Silent Street to surrender his life to Eru.

Here, he's a father to twin children, Silmarien and Meneldur, named after their Numenorean forebears.


"Atya?"

King Eldacar Telcontar, great-grandson of Elessar, turned from his place at the window to greet his daughter, Silmarien, and son, Meneldur as they entered his study. "Tyenyar. It is a pleasure to have you both with me today." He gave the twins each a kiss and embrace which they returned, then stepped back. "Is all well with you, my children?"

Meneldur cast his gaze to one side, cheeks flushed. "It is nothing, Atar, I have heard...well, it is nothing important."

Eldacar, who had rather a better idea of 'nothing important' than his second-born might think he did, gave the young man a withering glare worthy of his illustrious forefather. "The Lower Circles whisper against your sister's rule again, senya?"

Meneldur shrugged carelessly. "It is naught, Atarinya, truly. I love Silmarien and have pledged my fealty to her; can the people do any less?"

"Yes," Silmarien retorted, "they can. But with you as my champion, hano, I fear no threat."


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment