The Exiled and The Exiles by LadyBrooke

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I think all of my Second Age stories revolve around the Sindar, with rare excursions to Númenor. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Exiles are coming to Lórien, though Oropher and Amdír have been exiled for far longer than these Noldor. 

Major Characters: Amdir, Oropher

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Song of Exile

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 359
Posted on 31 August 2017 Updated on 31 August 2017

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

“I will take those that wish to leave here and travel north as soon as winter passes.” Oropher leaned back in his chair, looking at Amdír. “Are you sure you wish to let Galadriel into your lands?”

“Would you turn away Celeborn’s wife?” Amdír shrugged. “I do not think things are so bad yet that we must flee from her at every step.”

“She and her kin have a tendency to come to a region right before our doom does,” Oropher said. “Forgive me for not wanting to wait to be forced into exile at the point of a sword or the whims of the Valar.”

“Instead you go into exile on your own terms.” Amdír shook his head. “I will wait here until they force me out at sword point before I leave another land.”

Oropher smiled. “Perhaps fate will smile kindly on you this time, and you will dwell in these lands for years uncounted.”

“When have we ever dwelt somewhere for years uncounted before the Valar or death drives us forward?” Amdír looked east, to Cuiviénen that could never be seen.

“If I thought that those lands would still be the same, I would take my people that way instead,” Oropher said, looking the same direction and clutching an old ring in his hands.

“We have never been fortunate enough to have a way to return left open.” Amdír tore his eyes away. “I will leave these lands open to your people as long as I may.”

“And my lands will welcome yours, until the end of my lands,” Oropher answered.

“Even if Galadriel takes over these lands eventually?” Amdír raised a brow, glancing towards him.

Oropher laughed. “She will not come unless she is desperate. If she is desperate enough to come, Celeborn will come with her instead of remaining behind in his own lands. As long as my family holds those lands he will be welcome no matter who he brings with him, though I hope exiles stop haunting his steps.”

“He married one of them, I doubt that will happen,” Amdír said, surprising a laugh out of Oropher before they slipped into silence. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.