Insta-Drabbles 2019 by Alquien

| | |

Chapter 3


afternoon old midnight temperature

It was early afternoon in Tirion, yet the temperature promised to become even hotter. Nerdanel sighed tiredly, ignoring the disapproving stares of Indis and her daughters as she fanned herself with a delicate ivory fan. They would never dare say anything to her though, for she was heavily pregnant with Fëanáro's first-born. She wished that she was at their home instead of here, dressed in an old cotton shift and sketching her latest ideas for her next sculpture.

She felt her eyes closing shut and her fan must have dropped from her hand, for the next thing she knew, she was being settled in bed, thankfully stripped of the formal court dress.

"Are you well, dearest?" asked Fëanáro, his quiet voice failing to conceal the worry in his dark eyes as he applied a damp cloth to her face. "Is there anything you need?"

"I am fine," she replied as she smiled up at him.

"At midnight, we will go and sit in the garden, near the fountain," Fëanáro told her. "That is, if you would like it," he amended hastily.

"That would be lovely," Nerdanel replied as she squeezed his hand reassuringly.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment