Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was an interesting read! I'm a big fan of the Avari and the idea that they all vanished with Cuiviénen never sat well with me, so it's refreshing to see them picked up in fic. Female characters, especially of a description that doesn't really fit into Tolkien's delineations, are a weakness of mine as well, so here's three cheers to all of that! Hensilien's entrance was quite memorable, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of her friendship with Aiwê (female friendship - another thing that fic needs more of in general)!

I loved that Hensilien and Margöz seem to be having a kind of history of their own as well, which does seem to mitigate the brutality and savageness of the Wainriders as you portrayed them, at least a little. Balanced portrayal of that sort is nice to see as well, and I hope there will be more of that even if they decide to throw their lot in with Sauron after all.

The story itself, I think, could do with some nitpicking, especially in terms of spelling, grammar and formatting, and if you're interested in help with that, feel free to shoot me a PM - I'd also love to natter about Avarin; I'm currently working on a reconstruction of potential early Avarin languages myself. And, of course, good luck with the next chapters. I'm intrigued and will be keeping my eyes open for updates.