Wandering Wind by bluedancingkittykat

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Things you should probably know;

-Ránsûl (Wandering Wind)

-Sindar

-Mongolian Bow and Arrows

-Turko-Mongol saber

-64

Italics means Sindarin 

 

Transations here;

http://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/online/sindar/dict-sd-en.html#

http://www.grey-company.org/Language/Files/elven.pdf

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Interactive story! Ránsûl is on her way to Doriath to train with the warriors there. This is a right of passage for the men in her village and this is her story on how she got there and survived: at the same time. or perhaps she didn't make it and died. Or perhaps...

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 10, 890
Posted on 30 December 2013 Updated on 30 December 2013

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Begin here

Read Begin here

*Start Here?*

-Confirm-

*Begin...*

      Ránsûl wasn’t quite sure where to start. Should she go left or right, or maybe straight? Perhaps above behind or below. Well, perhaps not below. You see, This was Ránsûl’s first time out in the world and he was quite curious about the world that she heard about growing up in the lands of Mithrim, and it was custom for the men to ride to Doriath, where they would go and receive training . Wow, Wait, what? “Men” you say... Is Ránsûl not a woman? Well, She is… gender-wise. Her mother would’ve liked a son but alas--She got a daughter, and could bear no more children. So she did what any ambitious mother would do: she raised her as a him. Where was her father in all of this? He was out riding for the first fourteen years of her life and when he returned he was quite cross with his wife.

     That was the first crack in their marriage.

     The second is when her father tried to treat her like the little girl she was.

     The third was when her mother totally cut her off from her father.

     That was the end of Ránsûl’s parent’s marriage.

     Eventually, however, they came to an agreement--Ránsûl would live with her grandmother. Her father's mother, as her mother's father was taken by the Shadow and her mother left the world soon after. Her father’s father had died in the first battle, and with no uncles or aunts alive or in near distance that left her Father’s mother. But I digress-- I have left the topic that we started with. I lied in those first sentences; She doesn’t have to know where to go as she isn’t leading! Ránsûl’s commander, Taidion (Second son) was. Ránsûl’s platoon had about 39 people--but none of importance, yet. You will start Here in Beleriand at the base of the Mithrim Mountains near the river Sirion.

Ready?

Begin…

     Ránsûl is traveling with her companions, who talk of nothing of interest to her, when she notices movement off in the distance. Ránsûl, being the clever elf she is, decides to,

A) Ignore the movement (Go to 2A)

B) Notify Taidion (Go to 2B)

C) Go off her self (Go to 2C)

2A

Read 2A

     Ránsûl decides to ignore the movement, as no one else seems to notice and soon they settle down for the night. An elf named Sellneth (Daughter), (poor boy, parents so wanted a girl and thought he was one at birth. It wasn’t until after the doctor said the customary, “Congratulations it’s a boy!” did they realize that She was a He.) Took the first watch. Shortly after they set up camp, Ránsûl fell asleep. Minutes seemed to pass (In all actuality twas hours.) when Ránsûl was awoken by caterwauling orcs. The Orcs seemed close by and luckily Ránsûl was not thee only one who startled awake. Taidion and Sellneth (who had just fallen asleep) had started awake also.

     “Move! Come on Get up!” Taidion Directed the Elves that had not been woken by the Orcs. There was scrambling and rising when Ránsûl and others drew their swords--just in time too. For the Orcs had caught their scent and had crashed into the clearing, pillaging the woods as they came. The moment they crashed into the clearing a brutal battle began. Ránsûl fought and fought and just when she thought it couldn’t get any worse--it didn’t. In fact her foes actually started to thin out, when she noticed an Orc aiming one of his rotten arrows Sellneth. Quickly Ránsûl,

 

A) Aims Her Arrow at the Orc (Go to 3A)

B) Takes care of her sector of Orcs before covering for Sellneth (Go to 3B)

C) Yell “Sellneth!” (Go to 3C)

 

2B

Read 2B

    Ránsûl decides to notify Taidion about the movement. Taidion Looks but see’s nothing.

    “Ránsûl, I think you’re Imagining things.”

    But Ránsûl insists, and finally Taidion relents and says,

    “Alright, I will send scouts ahead to see our path.”

    When the scouts return Taidion Decides she is right, because what she saw were Orcs!

    “Your mother should’ve named you Hae-elee (Sharp Eye)”

    The platoon decide to use the Crossings of Teiglin to reach Doriath. It adds a few miles but the lands are relatively well off. Other than rain some rain and losing some supplies all is well, and Ránsûl and Co. reach Doriath unhindered. All 40… wait. Wasn’t it 39?

(Go to 4)

2C

Read 2C

     Ránsûl has decided to go off by herself to see what that movement was. So she snuck off in the middle of the night and discovered to her horror, that movement was Orcs! She intended to turn around and inform Taidion but she did something that would make all sindar ashamed--She fell off the tree. The Orcs Alerted to Ránsûl now, jumped to their feet and ran to catch her. Ránsûl had almost Escaped when she was grabbed by an Orc! One had thought to catch some game but instead caught an Elf! Ránsûl is taken captive and brought to Angband where she is taken to the mines and never sees the sky again. 

Congradulations! You have reached thee end!

Preferably not in the way you probably wanted to, but hey! You can always try again!

3A

Read 3A

Ránsûl Aimed her arrow at the Orc and Saved Sellneth’s life! But, unfortunately, She didn’t check behind her and and Orc Skewered her on its spear.

Congradulations! You have reached thee end!

Preferably not in the way you probably wanted to, but hey! You can always try again!

3B

Read 3B

Ránsûl quickly took care of the Orc behind her and hurriedly went to Sellneth’s location. But too late. The Orc had fired the arrow, but don’t worry! No one died! Ránsûl got injured, and Sellneth had a few bruises from where Ránsûl had tackled him. Ránsûl was not happy on his comment. He sported another bruise. Wrapping up her left thigh, and the few others that got injured, she and her platoon continued on to Doriath with no more hindrances.

(Go to 5)

3C

Read 3C

Ránsûl informed Sellneth (loudly) that there was an orc that was going shoot him in the head (in less words), and Sellneth easily takes care of the Orcs. Once all of the Orcs are dispatched, They decide to burn their enemies, and after continue on to Doriath.

(Go to 6)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.