Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You do the sarcasm and the brotherly sniping very well!

The plot seems quite in the spirit of the prompts and their source.

 Eol has transformed into a proper mad B-Movie villain, in league with the Spiders, no less.

I notice that, despite his casual racism, Celegorm is confident that Thingol didn't know or approve.

I have siblings.  Sometimes it feels like sarcasm and sniping are the only things I do well with them.

The source of the prompts has created quite a lot of entertainment for me for years, it seems.  It's to the point where, even if this *was* something to take seriously, I would never be able to.  And Eol fit so well with the B-movies to begin with that I couldn't help but make fun of him.

And Celegorm's racism is of the sort that is innate, but unknowingly so.  If you pointed out just how many times he judged Eol on being an Avari instead of a evil, raptastic sorceror, he'd probably be even more disgusted with himself than he already is, but he hasn't had much opportunity to break the habit.  Plus, leaving the letter is a way of riling Thingol as much as it is punishing Eol - "Hey, you Avari scum!  Is this how you treat your women?  No wonder a murderous bastard like myself can sneak right up to your border without alerting your guards!  Have fun wih the extended training hours, much good as they'll do you!"