Finding a Word by Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

"Finduilas lives" AU. Written for the femslashficlets Language of Flowers prompt table challenge: daisy, meaning "new beginnings."

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Níniel needs Finduilas to help her remember a word. Or maybe she just wants to kiss her.

Major Characters: Finduilas, Nienor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 282
Posted on 3 December 2018 Updated on 3 December 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

“Finduilas, I need you to help me find the word for something.”

Finduilas looked at Níniel with affection. “Of course,” she said. “Will you describe it?”

Níniel had been found in the wild, naked and out of her wits with fever, a few months after Brandir’s skill healed Finduilas of her spear-wound. When she regained her senses, she remembered nothing of her past, not even her name or her ability to speak. Finduilas thought she herself might have despaired at having lost so much, or given up in frustration, but Níniel went forward with undaunted courage. It was not strange that Níniel had become so dear to her in a brief time.

Níniel’s face was determined. “It’s easier to show you.”

Finduilas stood. “Then show me,” she said, “and I will follow you.”

Instead, Níniel took Finduilas’s hand in her own. Was it hand, Finduilas wondered? Or fingers? Though she thought Níniel knew those words already. Fingernails, perhaps? Her thoughts were abruptly distracted when Níniel raised her hand to her lips and pressed a kiss against her palm.

“Oh,” Finduilas said faintly. And then, “A kiss. Or kissing.”

“And this?” Níniel was taller than the women of Brethil; she didn’t have to stand on tiptoe to brush her lips against Finduilas’s cheek.

“Still a kiss.”

“And this?”

Níniel’s mouth was warm on hers. Finduilas found her own lips parting to return the kiss, her eyes drifting shut. She caught Níniel’s shoulders to steady herself, and then Níniel’s arms were around her to draw her even closer.

“Still a kiss,” she said breathlessly when they at last drew apart.

Níniel kissed her again, her eyes alight. “Good!” she said. “Now I won’t forget.”


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.