From Sleep to Swift Fury by Raiyana

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Ossë's rebellion. I used the quote from the Fall of Arthur off the starter course to create this Fish Course dish... I have no regrets.

In the South from sleep
to swift fury
a storm was stirred,
striding northward
over leagues of water
loud with thunder
and roaring rain
it rushed onward.

Major Characters: Ossë, Uinen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Holiday Feast

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 338
Posted on 10 January 2019 Updated on 10 January 2019

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

He laughed in play, watching the waves crash against rock and tree, submerging and battering the cliffsides – more than one slide of earth had already fallen, revealing the mountain’s teeth beneath – the screams of tortured earth like sweet music floating above the harsh waves he commanded.

He was free, and he revelled in the seductive song of Melkor’s words, promising joy and splendour beyond reckoning, promising this freedom to shape as he pleased, to raise storms and dance among their waves, to make his mark truly upon the face of Arda.

The waters were chilled here, but their latent fury could not be halted once released, the icy depths rising to meet him, a rictus of pleasure gripping his soul as he watched another green wall rise and hammer against the coast.

“Oš’šai.”

He ignored her, lost in the frenzy of the churning water, the sound of icebergs breaking off the northern glaciers too loud, a crescendo of the song he had sung so long ago – or so recently? – as it landed upon the whipped-up seas, splashing even more waves outwards before it was tossed aside by his battalions of warriors.

Oš’šai – was that his name? It sounded familiar… – laughed.

“Oš’šai!” The voice called once more, closer now, deeper, familiar. The yearning that filled him at the sound of her voice was terrifying, the water rising around him, shielding him from her eyes.

Uynen.

He knew her well – too well, he thought, wanting to turn back to her, wanting to but not-wanting to do so even more.

Uynen – sweet softness and warmth, playful touches and tenderness.

She had made her choice and he had chosen in turn; chosen to join his Voice to Melkórë’s and leave Ullubōz’s service – leave her side.

Uynen – wild laughter and dancing in storms, imaginations and song, so much song.

He fled through the waters, the storm surrounding his freed spirit, moving too swiftly for any to follow.

And yet she did follow.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.