Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Aww, thank you so much. It did look a bit like an orphan, I guess. They're not a pairing I write, and had I known it was for Tal, a brilliant writer who coincidentally owned a Gil-galad/Elrond archive, I might have defaulted on that swap. It did get me thinking about the land across the sea though, and what might have been Celebrian's final fate, so those are good things. Thank you for feeling it was worthy of a comment :)

 

 I must have read this years ago. Must have commented on it somewhere! It's lovely and very elegant in its construction. I love how you write the same characters and throw them into different circumstances and situations and yet manage to kept their personalities and essential core the same. I love these two so much.

This especially makes me think of my first experience with your young Elrond--was chatting with someone yesterday about how you made me fall so madly in love with him.

”First time I saw you was on the beach, watching the birds. You were all dark hair and huge eyes…I think I was in love with you before you even opened your mouth…”

 

I wrote it for one of the Slashy Swaps and at the time I was in the middle of Doubt and you can imagine the mental gymnastics needed to write Elrond/Gil-galad when in Doubt theirs was very much a platonic relationship. This sent me off to read it for the first time in years.... Celebrian's story got expanded in Beyond the Sea, other bits and pieces found their place elsewhere too, Gil is quintessentially Gil )I don't have another way to write him) and Elrond is himself but a bit better behaved and more subdued than in Doubt. Ilye_elf supplied the title and the final line, I remember. Thank you so much for reviewing this Oshun, I've had a lovely stroll down memory lane!