Winter Solstice by Narya

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the June challenge prompts ("solstice" and "half-drabble") at the Tolkien Short Fanworks community on Dreamwidth - but since it's Maglor in history, I think it hits the brief for this one too.  I have gone with Tolkien's assumption that the 20th century roughly equated to the Seventh Age.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor in Avebury, at the turning of the year.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Back To The Future

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 50
Posted on 27 June 2021 Updated on 27 June 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Winter Solstice

Read Winter Solstice

The morning gloom thinned. The revellers waited, wreathed in their own frozen breath - then the sun leapt over the stones and shone through the trees like blood.
 

A small girl gasped. "Fire!"
 

Maglor smiled. The deep winter dawn pressed into his bones. He turned to the west, and walked on.


Chapter End Notes

Although not explicitly stated in the text, the setting for this piece is the Sanctuary in the stone circle at Avebury, in Wiltshire.  My thanks to Spiced Wine for suggesting it!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Narya has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.