Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was just beautiful: such strong images and the ending line was perfect! I loved this line: "the awakening Firstborn touched their own faces and knew they were alive." There are stories where I feel like I can sink into the words and be transported where the author takes me, and this is certainly one of them.

I still love and adore this story so very much. You captured two of my favorite characters beautifully. I wish I was able to hear Daeron's song. You make it sound so lovely and magical with your words. This is so powerful and captivating with even just a short story. Thank you so very very much for this, Elfscribe. I'll treasure this story always. "hugs"

Copy of my MEFA review:

A beautifully crafted piece in which every single word bears its weight. In the Silmarillion itself, Daeron can appear a slightly pathetic creature, despite the praise heaped upon his professional skill. But in this story, the true quality of his minstrelsy is felt and the pain caused by Luthien's rejection becomes palpable.

I haven't read much Daeron fic myself (perhaps it's the way he's been portrayed in canon, in the Silm at least), but I feel sorry for him here; I can imagine how crushed I would be if I'd worked so hard on something only to have it ignored by the person it was intended for.

hands poised over the strings of his harp, yearning for what they wore so lightly.

This is genuinely sad. It sort of makes me wonder if he was lonely in Doriath... *cue plotbunny*

until his listeners’ hearts were wounded and their cheeks wet.

A lovely sentence here.

Hi!  I was just browsing and this caught my eye - I like Daeron, and he often seems to get overlooked.  Anyway, it's a gorgeous piece; his song made me feel teary even though I was reading about it, not hearing it, and the end is perfect.  Congratulations.