Beyond The Doors of Night by Kaylee Arafinwiel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

So Nancy Stohlman's first prompt for November was "Write a story that takes place in darkness"... Don't know that it gets much darker than the Void. Post-LOTR, let's see how Morgoth, Sauron, and Saruman are doing...

Major Characters: Melkor, Saruman, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 211
Posted on 8 November 2021 Updated on 8 November 2021

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Beyond The Doors Of Night

Read Beyond The Doors Of Night

It was dark.

Fathomless, empty.

Nothing.

There was nothing there.

Except himself, of course.

He was alone.

Well. Not quite alone.

"I am the Lord of Arda," his former Master growled, insulted. "If you think even for a moment--"

"Shut up."

"WHAT?" The roar echoed through the Void.

"I said, shut up, Mbelkoro. I cannot hear myself think in here with your whining."

"Think about what, Mairon?"

Sauron grimaced.

"About how you too were brought low by Mortals? Insignificant little rats, half-high to the Edain, if that?"

Melkor's mocking boiled his blood - or, well, it would if he had any blood. Come to think of it, he didn't really have a body, either. Neither of them did. "Is this my eternal punishment then, listening to you mock me for all the Ages of Arda?"

"I am your Master!" Melkor shot back, infuriated. "Address me with respect!"

"Oh, sorry. Is this my eternal punishment, Master?" Sauron sneered.

"I suppose mine is listening to you whine for all the Ages of Arda, my failure of a lieutenant."

"I do not whine," Sauron grumbled.

"So you say."

"Will you two be quiet over there!" Curumo's voice stopped them both.

"Will you kill him first, Master, or shall I?" Sauron asked.

Melkor just smirked.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.