Writing by Candlelight by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for B2MeM 2022, for a photo prompt by Yisilme and gifted to Ysilme, who very kindly turned the photo prompt into a story banner for me.

No warnings. but the drabble is part of a series and that is not necessarily true of the rest of the series.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros writes to Fingon.

Major Characters: Maedhros

Major Relationships: Fingon/Maedhros

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 3 April 2022 Updated on 3 April 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Writing by Candlelight

Read Writing by Candlelight

A single red-orange candle is lit at the center in a small metal bowl. At one time the candle was taller, but it is evident that this one has been burning for some time because part of the upper portion has slid off to the side in the bowl. Story banner script added in white above.
Story banner by Ysilme

My love, here I am again, at my desk, writing to you in the middle of the night, and once again, I am not writing about love, and again I know it does not matter, because I know that you know that the love is in everything I write, underneath even the driest communications: military dispatches, schedules, lists. It is the ink I write with, the paper I write on.

Himring is silent around me. There is only the sound of the scratching of my pen. The candle is burning down. I sign my name; you know I am yours.


Chapter End Notes

The original title of the photo prompt was By the light of a single candle and it was  the B2Mem photo prompt P-7.

Also incorporates the Tolkien Weekly prompt: Candlelight.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.