Summer Explosion by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Teens rating for references to canonical background

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Having escaped the Downfall of Numenor, Inzilmith experiences the beginning of the War of the Last Alliance in Arnor.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 102
Posted on 6 August 2022 Updated on 6 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Summer Explosion

See end notes for prompts

Read Summer Explosion

That was a strange summer. It seemed thunder was perpetually rolling in the distance, often below the threshold of audibility, but the storm never quite broke. Everyone else seemed to feel it, too, all Annuminas perpetually anxious or irritably on edge.

Then Isildur arrived on his father’s doorstep with a small troop, haunted and harried, a refugee again—as if another mountain had exploded. Inzilmith didn’t really need any explanation or exposition, did not need to hear the name.

The impossible had happened. Somehow, they had known it was not impossible, had been waiting for it. He was back.

Sauron.


Chapter End Notes

Inzilmith had been assuming that Sauron had drowned in the Downfall of Numenor, until she heard of Sauron's attack on Minas Ithil.

Prompt fill for the tolkienshortfanworks prompt "summer storms or other explosions". This drabble does not contain much exposition (which was the formal challenge for the month), but does contain the word "exposition".

I have also submitted this drabble for Tolkien OC Week on Tumblr, as Inzilmith is a recurring OFC of mine, for the "Background" character day.

1 x 100 words in MS Word.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.