Naive and Brilliant by chrissystriped

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Silvergifting Week 2022 - Day 1 Beginnings|First Times

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Annatar questions Celebrimbor's philosophy while seducing him.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Sauron

Major Relationships: Celebrimbor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 553
Posted on 8 August 2022 Updated on 27 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Naive and Brilliant

Read Naive and Brilliant

Annatar looked into the mirror and smiled at himself. In the last months he’d subtly shifted his features to look the most attractive to Celebrimbor.

He hadn’t been happy, when he came here, he’d wanted admittance to the court of the High King not what he’d considered as some backwater town in the midst of nowhere. But he’d quickly realised there was something to gain here. Galadriel was suspicious of him, but the Gwaith-i-Mírdain had decided to accept him in their midst, so she could do little — he’d have her gone as soon as possible.

They were brilliant, especially Celebrimbor — no surprise there, him being Feanor’s grandson — they’d make good subjects. They had all the wrong notions, of course, taught to them by the Valar, but he’d make them see soon enough that his was the right course. And it couldn’t hurt if one of their leaders was besotted with him. He twirled a golden lock around his finger and grinned, before leaving the room to meet Celebrimbor for an evening stroll in the garden.

 

The smells of the flowers tickled abominably in his nose. He didn’t care much for Yavanna’s creations — or Yavanna herself for that matter — but he didn’t let his aversion show. Celebrimbor had linked their arms and was chatting lightly about his vision for this city — again. It was kind of sweet to see him deluding himself about the extent of his acceptance. Annatar could only imagine too well what he’d do to him — or try to — if he ever found out who he was. He shouldn’t challenge him, but he couldn’t help himself.

“So, if an orc where to knock on Ost-in-Edhil’s doors and ask for acceptance, you’d let him live?”, he asked with a slight sneer.

Celebrimbor stopped and turned to him, his face serious. “I’d like to think, I would”, he said. “He would be put under surveillance, of course, but if his intentions were sincere… Yes, I’d accept him.”

Annatar lifted his eyebrow in silent scepticism. He’d never once seen an elf give quarter to an orc.

“You know who my family is”, Celebrimbor said defensively. “By the end of the First Age many elves thought of them as little better than orcs, but I knew them. I knew… what changed them so. I do not know any orcs. But they were elves once — their ancestors were, at least — and everyone deserves a second chance.”

“You are so sweet”, Annatar said, laying his hand in his neck and pulling him down for a kiss. It was true. Celebrimbor’s enthusiasm and idealism was sweet and refreshing. He’d have called him naive if he weren’t so brilliant — maybe he was both.

Celebrimbor blinked slowly at him when they parted. “Why did you kiss me?”, he murmured.

“Because I adore you, sweet Tyelpe”, Annatar crooned and saw a flush spread over Celebrimbor’s face.

“You do?” He smiled happily. “I thought a maia wouldn’t…”

“I do”, Annatar confirmed and pulled him close. “I want you very much, sweet Tyelpe.”

Celebrimbor’s lips met his again and Annatar knew he had him. Now for the rest of this city.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.