A kiss with joy by ohboromir

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elwë and Lenwë share a joyful moment by the shores of the Great River.

Major Characters: Elu Thingol, Lenwë

Major Relationships: Lenwë/Thingol

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 316
Posted on 30 June 2023 Updated on 30 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

A kiss with joy

Read A kiss with joy

Elwë emerged dripping from the river, his long hair clinging to him. He had picked a spot away from the main encampment to bathe, savouring a little peace and quiet.

Atyamar was a beautiful place. The shores of the Great River were as lovely as Cuivinen’s had been, and the water was a bountiful source of food and resources. Many of his people had spoken up, declaring they did not want to leave. Not even Ingwë’s people were in haste.

He climbed up onto the shore and wrung out his hair. Behind him, he heard lyrical laughter, like the lilt of birds.

“There you are, Elwë. Wandering off again?”

Lenwë stood on a boulder, hands on his hips. The dark curls of his short hair were threaded with the petals of purple flowers - little Denethor’s clumsy attempt at a crown.

“Is it a crime to want a little peace?”

“There are better places for peace than this.” Lenwë laughed, beckoning him. “I’ll show you. Come on.”

Elwë sighed in mock annoyance, but he got to his feet and grabbed his shirt, pulling it on as he followed.

Lenwë led the way through a dense clump of trees, humming as he went. Elwë admired him; he was lithe and strong, and he never minded wandering eyes.

Their path diverged a way Elwë had never been before, and a moment later he gasped.

Lenwë looked smug. “Do you like it?”

It was beautiful. A resplendent grove, shaded by a towering oak, and full of wildflowers in bloom. They swayed in the breeze, filling the air with their sweet scent. The starlight trickled through the leaves, illuminating Lenwë’s face in a silver glow.

With a beaming grin, Elwë caught him by the arm, and pulled him into a full kiss, only broken by Lenwë’s answering laughter.

“I will take that as a yes.”


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.