Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I can’t even start to express how beautiful that story is, and how wholesome. I love that despite all the grief that’s going on there, there is still no bitterness. It’s really a wonderful story, I especially like how the boys are just that, children, but still they represent a different bitter-sweet memory for everyone. They are not only Elwing’s brothers that she gets back, but they also give her the role of a mother back that she missed out on. Not as a substitude, of course, but just filling that aweful void that is childloss a little bit. Then Míriel with her clothes… it’s like she’s apologising for what her grandsons did, in a very beautiful, blame-less way. And for Olwë (I admit that was the point I started crying) seeing the twins must be, well no, IS like having a bit of his own brothers back. It’s beautiful. 

Oh wow. I’m glad they made that journey, but… I don’t think I’d ever have the strength to sail away again. What Elwind and Eärendil and Elros did there was so brave and so, so beautiful. 
 

And on a more easy-going note: I laughed a lot at Idril’s comment on Finrod wearing a whole dragon-hoard, and also at Elros dropping his crown. Whoops. LOL 

So Elurín sails the skies with his brother-in-law. I like that. It feels like belongs there, somehow, though he himself is still not certain, is he, if he really made the right choice? As is (was?) Eluréd?
I loved how you wrote Nimloth and Dior's return, because it was both beautiful and somehow awkward, as it surly must have been.