Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Beautiful!  Yes!  This, all of this, 100%!

I have often wondered how so many people take Finrod's explanation of Aegnor's choice here as if he is arguing for it, even the one who counseled it in the first place.

One thing that struck me somewhat recently about that '-and me' at the end beyond what you've said here is Finrod is also quietly telling her "you say we don't know death but know that I, too, will die."  There is just an amazing amount of meaning in those two words alone.

<3

I love them so much *sobs*

Thank you! Yeah, after reading it I was baffled that people come out of it with takes like "Finrod prevented Aegnor and Andreth being together" when it's so obvious to me and he and Andreth are friends who genuinely love each other, even if they don't agree on everything. And like "it would be emotionally hard on both of you" is NOT a radical take on Elf/Man relationships.

It just slays me every time that they DON'T know what will come then--there is only the unknown ahead for such time as when Men and Elves will see each other again, but Finrod looks forward to that time and to SEEING ANDRETH there! How is that NOT love!