Third of January (for Larner) by Kaylee Arafinwiel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Inspired by Larner's story "Transformation". http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterview.asp?sid=5312&cid=27860 Every third of January, Arda returns to its pre-transformed state. Who can see it happen? Why does it happen?

Major Characters: Arien, Tilion

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Type:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 25 May 2024 Updated on 25 May 2024

3rd of January

Fruit of Laurelin, Flower of Telperion, Star of Earendil (out of frame) as seen from outer space. Inspired by Larner.

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


....to go with a mysterious event. I love the description in the written story, but I cannot figure out why Arda would return to the flat state once a year. Seeing Arien, Tilion and Eärendil in the sky would be such a shock. 

Ah, well, the 3rd of January was Professor Tolkien's birthday, so if there was one day in the year for odd things to happen, that seems as likely as any. As for why, well, who knows...Maybe someone might come up with a plausible explanation. (That's what I was hoping for with Scribbles & Drabbles!) "Transformation" is one of my favorite of Larner's works, highly recommended!