Unforgotten by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Bollywood Challenge.

My prompt was the song Chaiyya Chaiyya (lyrics | video)

I specifically took inspiration from the lines:

"She walks like dewdrops

Paradise seems to move with her feet

At times on branches, at times on leaves

I search for her traces in the air"

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Carrying the Silmaril for millennia has consequences.

Major Characters: Eärendil

Major Relationships: Eärendil + Ilmarë

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Bollywood

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 135
Posted on 19 July 2024 Updated on 19 July 2024

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Chapter 1

Warnings for:

The Silmaril causing Eärendil to go blind.

(Being so close to bright light for so long is bound to leave a mark.)


Ilmarë is gender-queer and uses ae/aer pronouns (originally, because I was testing to see if I like those pronouns for myself as well, but I liked them so much for Ilmarë as well, so it's a thing now in my fics)

Read Chapter 1

He remembers her face, remembers the dew drops in her hair in the early morning hours, glittering softly with the first rays of the sun. They were young then. Young and in love. Oh how long it has been since those days.

He remembers Elwing’s smiles, too. They are seared into his memory.

The Silmaril could not take them from him, even as it took his sight.

At first, it was difficult to tell the difference, for the void is always dark, but then even the stars vanished from view, taken by the light of the brightest star in the night sky.

Now, Ilmarë acts as his eyes. Without aer he would have lost his way long ago.

But together, they continue on their journey. Round and round until the breaking of the world.


Chapter End Notes

So this prompt took me on a wild journey.

Originally, I planned to write about Yavanna and Aule. Then I landed on Lúthien and somehow that idea ended up here.

Eärendil wasn't who I expected to write about tonight, but that's just how it is sometimes, isn't it 😂


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.