Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I always love your little slice of life stories and this is no exception. I can just see poor Nerdanel and the stress she is suffering. Then when Indris comes to greet and comfort her it's almost like a weight is lifted off her and the two finally can be themselves with each other. I really love that ending line, which you also chose as the title. Very nice indeed.

What a beautiful vignette. It must have taken a lot of courage to stay behind when everyone they knew was leaving.

Oh thanks so much for reading and leaving a review here. I'm glad you like that part. I had to decide if Nerdanel had been running to Indis for a while and crying on her shoulder, or if she showed up as she does in my story and hope to find a welcome. I decided on the second, because I think Nerdanel would have played her cards close to her chest until she made a final decision to go or stay. Which then, of course, means an element of mistrust.

Wow! The Noldor must have been a mess in that period--peoples split one from another, the Noldor fractured into more than two parts, and families divided from within.