B2ME Day 1 - Excerpts From the Annals of the People by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2ME Day 1 - Seduction:  Three were chosen to travel and see the Two Trees.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 437
Posted on 6 March 2011 Updated on 6 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Excerpts from the Annals of the People

 

 

3        And it is written in the annals of the People that the Shining One came unto them and spoke of a great journey to a place of safety.  And three were Chosen to journey with the Shining One to seek the truth of His words; and they were Ingwë, Finwë, and Elwë who would later be known as Elu Thingol. 

 

3.2     And the journey, which was of great length and had much danger, was essayed by the three Chosen, accompanying the Shining One who acted as their guide. 

 

3.3     And after long days and many perils the Chosen found themselves on the shore of a distant body of water.  And lo, the water was not sweet as had been in their homeland, but rather tasted of salt; and the birds, animals and swimming creatures on that shore were strange to them and they were afraid. 

 

3.4     But the Shining One comforted and reassured them.  And the Chosen girded their loins, taking their courage in hand, and boarded an awaiting vessel which brought them across the sea to a fair shore. 

 

3.5     And behold, ahead of them shone a strange and bright light that beckoned the Chosen towards it.  And accompanied by their Guide, the three were led westward through the fair land to gaze at a marvel beyond their imagining. 

 

3.6     For lo, ahead of them were growing two Trees, and the Trees were both like and yet unlike any trees that had been seen before by the Chosen.  The Trees cast a light so bright and so clear that the three wept unashamed.  And none could say whether their tears were caused by the brilliance of the light or because their hearts were overwhelmed by the beauty they saw before them.  And nevermore would their hearts be quiet and content in the forests of their eastern lands under the stars, but instead they were captured by Light.

 

3.7     And it is said that the Chosen returned to The People and urged them to journey with the Shining One to that far distant shore, there to dwell forever in peace under the light of the Two Trees.  And counsel was taken between all of The People and it was decided to do this thing and undertake this journey to benefit all of The People, both those who currently lived by the shore of the lake as well as those who were yet to come.  And many of The People left on the Great Journey, of which more will be said later. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I felt it was important to leave the "true names" out of it.  After all, the Firstborn wouldn't know the names or aspects of the Valar, only that this being was so different, yet similar, to their own aspect.  Thank you for your review, I appreciate it.  

 

- Erulisse (one L)

Thank you so much, Robinka.  This was the first piece I had written and posted and I was SO nervous.  But people seem to like it and they are so kind.  I took courage from that and started to write more and post more of the challenges for B2ME.  I guess I'm brave now - LOL.  

 

- Erulisse (one L)

 

This was the first piece I had written and posted and I was SO nervous.  But people seem to like it and they are so kind.  I took courage from that and started to write more and post more of the challenges for B2ME.

I know what you mean. I'm always nervous even though I've been writing and posting for quite some time. I guess I always will be :)

I'll look at more of your B2MeM entries soonish. Keep up the good work!