B2ME Day 4 - Initiating Movement by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2ME Day 4 - Conquiring Fear - How did this elf feel after the Doom of Mandos had been spoken? 

Major Characters: Glorfindel, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 354
Posted on 6 March 2011 Updated on 6 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Aww, that is actually very poignant and heartbreaking.

He was only a second cousin, a friend to those who were closer to the throne, and he was young, just barely over his sixth decade.  He had been caught up in the actions of others and had eagerly joined them in this march away from the cities of his youth and into the unknown lands of the dark.  But now he stood restrained by fear, knowing that to move forward would cause his doom.

That perfectly captures the doubt of a young Elf, who finds himself caught up in overwhelmingly huge events. I love that some-one came to him, then.

And a perfect ending!

 

I don't know if it was charisma as much as love and friendship between them in a time of great uncertainty.  If one leaves a family behind, then one needs to count on friends.  And Turgon was, if nothing else, a boon companion and great friend of Glorfindel's.  Thank you for taking the time to read and review.  

 

- Erulisse (one L)