B2ME Day 20 - Making a Decision by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2ME Day 20 - Making a Decision.  A mother's request will affect the life and death of her son.  

Major Characters: Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 197
Posted on 22 March 2011 Updated on 22 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

 

Promises

 

 

 

 

Silmëalë paused before opening the door to her son’s chambers.  Straightening her back and drawing in a deep calming breath, she knocked, then pushed it open, gazing around the large room.  Her son looked up from the far side of the room, an open pack on the floor next to his wardrobe and his sword, cloak and dagger on the bed. 

 

“You are going with them,” she said softly. 

 

“I…Yes.  You know that I don’t care for Fëanor, but this is an opportunity that I feel I have to take.  Ammë…” 

 

“I dreamed of this day, my son.  I know I can’t talk you out of this, and I know that it will be long before we see each other once again.  But I beg of you, please do one thing for me.” 

 

He looked at her questioningly, nodding in acquiescence. 

 

“Promise me that if you need to pledge fealty to any of that house, it will be to Turukáno that you cleave.  Promise me.” 

 

Walking up to her and grasping her hands in his, he looked her in the eyes.  “I so swear, Ammë”.  


Chapter End Notes

Does this work for you?  Or not?  Please let me know by reviewing.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.