Love by Moonlight by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A drabble for Tolkien Weekly Challenge - Curl.  A mother's love in Gondolin.  

Major Characters: Eärendil, Idril

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 106
Posted on 24 May 2011 Updated on 24 May 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sandbox, I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Read Chapter 1

 

Love by Moonlight

 

Idril opened the door quietly. Lit by moonlight, surrounded by his treasures was her son, her heart.

He slept, sprawled across his pallet, honey-blond hair strewn carelessly in the moonbeams, one stray curl across his forehead. The gentle sounds of fountains echoed in the breeze. She marveled at this child of love that she and Tuor had created.

Soon Midsummer's Eve would dawn. Today would be spent quietly with fasting and prayer. They would then joyfully greet the morrow's sunrise after a vigil through the dark hours. She did not foresee the terror, tears and blood that would soon follow.

 


Chapter End Notes

Did you like this little drabble?  Or not?  Please read and review.  Let me know your opinion. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.