To Gaze Upon Stars by Caunedhiel

| | |

Chapter 3

Sorry its been a long while :P i haven't written for a long while so i apologies for any mistakes there might be 

 

As always reviews are always welcome :)


Chapter 3 

 

It was warm by the fire after I had eaten, I hesitated to sit close at first. My mind flashed back to the forest, to places I had seen scorched and charred by flame in the midst of storms. But that was nothing like this tame fire, contained by stones and kept small; the light casting warm shadows all around. I found it very odd.

 

The blue eyed female still held my hand, she smiled at me again. I could see others watching from the entrances of shelters but they drew no closer, though they seemed as curious about me as I was about them. The firelight created swirling patterns that danced in the shadows of the small settlement, I watched, utterly fascinated.

 

“Worry not,” she said, “they are glad you found us.” light fingers touched my cheek, turning my attention to her. “My name is Annallë”

 

I thought for a moment and with a flash of insight I said, “Ingwë... my name is Ingwë.”

 

Annallë smiled. She nodded towards the others and they disappeared back inside the shelters. “Do you remember your first awakening?”

 

I nodded.

 

“So do I, you will always remember your first awakening, that love you felt can be felt again here” she laughed, her eyes bright, “we are all family, and we are all so very glad you finally found your way home.” A warm feeling burst in my chest and I grinned.

 

“what do I do now?” I asked shyly. Worry clutching at my stomach as I looked at Annallë.

 

“Whatever you wish to do” She said simply. “Come there is someone I want you to meet, he will help you to settle in at first.”

 

The familiar earthy smells of the forest became more pronounced again as we wandered towards the edge of the group of shelters. We stopped as we reached a particular shelter.

 

Annallë walked up to the entrance and beckoned me to follow her. I took a few hesitant steps forward. She took my hand again, “Ingwë this is Imin, the oldest of us and first one to awaken.”

 

I looked past her and saw another, he was more sturdily built than Annallë with strong facial features and green eyes, liquid like the hidden pools you can stumble upon, he also had fair hair which looked duller without the light of the stars shining upon it.

 

I mumbled a hello, confused by this shyness that had never been present while I wandered the forests with the other creatures of the earth.

 

Imin stood and came over to me, a smile on his face. “Here at last.” 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment