Rowing Through Rough Waters by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sandbox, I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Summary – While taking refuge from politics by staying with relatives, Helyanwë discovers rough waters can exist in different forms.  

 

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 114
Posted on 28 July 2011 Updated on 28 July 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Title: Rowing Through Rough Waters

 

Rowing Through Rough Waters

 

Her days at Indis’ summer house were anchored by her best friends, Laurefindel and Turukáno.  In later years, however, the boys began staying at the Hunting Lodge, abandoning her to steer alone through the choppy waters of being the High King’s great-granddaughter.  Helyanwë felt deserted and isolated. 

 

This summer she decided to stay with her Telerin relatives instead.  Her cousin pointed out a small boat, rocking at the quay.  “We’ll take ‘Waverider out fishing today.” 

 

Looking hesitantly at the boat’s size and oars, she inhaled deeply.  “Well, rowing through the ocean should be easier than rowing through politics,” she reasoned. 

 


Chapter End Notes

Reviews are always appreciated.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.