Questioning the Oath by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sandbox, I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Summary:  On the eve of leaving Tirion for Alqualondë and Middle-earth, Fëanáro anguishes over his Oath and his choice.  

 

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 105
Posted on 1 August 2011 Updated on 1 August 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Questioning the Oath

 

The last of their goods were packed. In the morrow they would leave Tirion forever, heading towards the East and new lands.

Always Fëanaró had bypassed the Valar, petitioning Ilúvatar directly. The words of his Oath had shaken him almost as much as it had those hearing it. He worried. Had he chosen the correct course?

Now he wrestled with his conscience. Had his Oath truly been God-driven? He felt that the words had issued from his mouth, yet he had not taken any part in the shaping of them. He fell to his knees, sending a prayer to Eru.

 


Chapter End Notes

Reviews are always appreciated.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.