The Fall of the Noldor by Erurainon

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This tale as tolkien put it for the intro to FOTR, "Grew in the telling" in that it was not there from the very beginning but sprung up when a friend of mine asked me if I knew more about the lay of the fall of the noldor mentioned briefly in Tolkien texts. The words came freely and I yet not know how I ended up with this coppy. There were no other drafts and I recall, quight gloomily, that perhaps it was unsuitible for those fan fic webcites I was thinking of. Then I filed the poem away for around a month or two until I found this cite. Here it is and I hope that it will have for you the same feel and mode of tolkien's writing while keeping firm a bardic sense of mythic quality.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A lay of the Elder Days focused on the fortunes of the house of Feanor, the Silmarils of yore, the dark magesty of Morgoth, and the ending of the wars of Balariand all in verse.

Major Characters: Ainur

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Poetry

Challenges: Differing Perspectives

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 393
Posted on 30 October 2011 Updated on 30 October 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.