Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you!  I had misgivings at first, but it just fit!  Your comments and encouragement are to be blamed for this end result (blamed in a good way, of course!). 

 

I found Aiken by accident, and I am in awe of his poems.  The way he draws a theme and image throughout a collection is fantastic!  *swoons with!*

Really enjoyed each scene in this chapter...

Long and flimsy banners of sheer grey linen curled in the wind between the columns.  When Anairë had been a child, she had run among them, smiling at the soft touch-kisses the material had pressed to her cheeks.  Now, she pushed them aside carelessly.

Oooooh, nice!  This is a great example of your talent for taking a simple material object, like a curtain, and turning it into something meaningful.  Brava!

Excellent portrayal of Ana's indignation at Nolo's undermining her.  Really felt her frustration and I could identify with her.

And the wrestling scene?  OMG.  That is hot!  Fantastic work with ratcheting up the sexual tension between them

I like it a lot. It is vibrantly alive and feels true and authentic to me and is filled with youth and promise (which like most Silm fics makes it poignantly bittersweet in light of our knowledge of the future of this charming couple). I really am growing to like Anairë and Fingolfin more and more with every chapter.