At the Bidding of the Minstrel by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor's brothers: a kind of ghost story.

Alternative text for Elleth's powerful artwork At the Bidding of the Minstrel, written as a gift fic for her some time ago but not previously archived here.

Major Characters: Sons of Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Humor

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 202
Posted on 24 May 2013 Updated on 24 May 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

This text will make no sense whatever if you haven't looked at Elleth's photomanip first--but if you haven't seen it, you should go and have a look in any case!

It's here:

Silmarillion: The Bidding of the Minstrel by ~LadyElleth on deviantART

Read Chapter 1

Turko: What I’m saying is—everything looks brighter with a good breakfast inside you. And look at him—no breakfast and no supper worth speaking of either. I’d go shoot something for him if I could…

Telvo: I think it’s the sea, myself. All sorts of unpleasant associations, you know. He needs a change of scene, to get away a bit. How about a nice large forest instead—Lothlorien, Eryn Lasgalen, Fangorn, maybe?

Curvo: Kano, come on, I know you are a bit upset just now, but you really cannot let them get away with this! Have you taken any notice at all of what Pengolodh has been up to lately?

Moryo: I’ve got a tin ear, Kano, but I can hear your music, you know--inside. Just now, it’s all off key, somehow out of tune. You need to—I don’t know—twiddle the pegs a bit, tighten the strings, whatever?

Pityo: Nelyo! Nelyo, do something for goodness’ sake, please! He’s been sitting there for hours. There must be something you can do?

Nelyo: Oh what a mess! I knew I shouldn’t have jumped! I knew! Except it’s a bit difficult to reverse mistakes when you’re halfway down a flaming chasm. Kano, can you hear me? Kano!


Chapter End Notes

(Feanorian nicknames: Turko=Celegorm, Telvo=Amras, Kano=Maglor,  Curvo=Curufin, Moryo=Caranthir, Pityo=Amrod, Nelyo=Maedhros)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I hadn't even seen that you posted this here, or I'd have commented earlier - either way, today was a day where I needed that kind of laugh, and I'm glad I stumbled across it again. Heh. Hehehehe. It's still as funny as the first time around, but then well-written humor usually ages well. Thank you again for this, Himring. :)

 

I'm so very happy this story was able to give you a laugh when you needed one!

I hesitated a while before archiving it here, because it feels so incomplete without an image of your artwork, but then I figured that after all it can hardly overtax anyone to click on the link...